sabato 23 febbraio 2013

Simple tips for keeping your weight under control

The title to this article is simple tips for keeping you weight down. Now keeping your weight down is not simple at all. But I for the sake of keeping the subject in tact I will try to keep it as simple as possible.Here are some simple tips that help but I do understand that we should use the term simple very loosly.
1. Water. Water. Water. Water is something like my little miracle potion. I recomend it for so many things and weight management is surely one of them. Forget diet sodas and reduced sugar juices. While they do help a little, drinking water is absolutely guilt free. No calories, no sugar, no acid, no sodium, no nothing. Can you imagine how many calories you can cut from your daily intake if you learned to love water. Also I would much rather have a real soda than a diet soda. So instead of downing three or four diet sodas a day I buy myself a six pack of the real stuff and make it last for the whole week. But if soda is not your weakness maybe it's coffee or tea, or lemonade. The same principle applies. Try it and see how it works for you.

2. Watch your salt and sugar intake. Salt will make you retain liquids therefore causing you to be bloated and weighed down with retained liquids. As far as sugar is concerned your body will be burning off your carbs and sugar instead of calories. So the more sugar you consume the less calories you will burn.
3. What activity is that you enjoy. You have to find it so you will want to stick with it. You will look foward to it instead dreading it. So what will it be that holds your interest. Will it be kickboxing and martial arts classes. Maybe you and your partner are getting fit together and will up salsa dancing or tennis. Perhaps you and your teenager will play jump rope or swim together. The options or endless you have to just find what sparks your interest and if you decide to follow these tips look in the mirror often. Appreciate the improvements in your body even if they are small. Seeing the possitive results will give you fuel for your fire.
4. Find your motivation and stick with it. What is your motivation. What is it that you see, hear or feel that makes you want to get in shape the most. For me it's the confidence I feel from within when I know I am looking my best. It's the jealousy I feel when my husband and I see a sexy girl at the mall or the beach. I am always wondering if he finds her more attractive than me. It's torture. My your motivation is the same as mine or could be for health reasons. It could be anything but what ever it is use it to the fullest until your dedication transends from a new sacrifice to an everyday lifestyle. When this happens you will be used to the changes and what used to be considered a difficult sacrifice is now just second nature and tempation will not be as strong.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento